All Student Health Center records are confidential.
There is no fee for most services at the Student Health Center. Visit the Self Care station in our waiting room for many free health supplies including: sore throat kits, cough drops, band-aids, condoms, and more.
Students are charged for in-house diagnostic tests, physical exams, some individual pre-travel consultations, immunizations, annual gynecology exams, some medications, supplies, nutritional counseling, and some treatments. Please contact us for current prices.
The Student Health Center accepts cash, check, credit/debit cards, and charges posted to the student account.
The Student Health Center only bills the College Insurance Plan directly. For all other insurances, we will offer you an insurance ready receipt at the time of service.
Outside lab tests will be billed to the insurance company on file by Bronson Hospital Laboratory. It is the student’s responsibility to verify if the insurance participates and the student is responsible for any uncovered lab charges.
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of acute illness
- Contraceptive counseling and prescribing (including birth control pills, Nuva ring, Depo-Provera injections, emergency contraception, free condoms), pregnancy testing and consultation, Long Acting Contraception consultation and follow up
- Self Care station–free cough drops, band-aids, condoms, etc.
- Diagnostic laboratory testing (in-house and through Bronson Hospital Laboratory)
- Pre-Travel Consultation through our Travel Clinic
- Wart Treatment
- Allergy injections (student provides serum)
- Complete physical exams
- Evaluation, testing, treatment and/or referral for sexually transmitted infections and HIV/AIDS. Visit our Resources and Emergency and After Hours section for more resources.
- Sexual health screening including: pap smears, evaluation and treatment of menstrual disorders, breast exams, testicular exams
- Equipment to lend including crutches, heating pads, and a wheelchair
- Referral to community physicians and services as needed
- Maintenance of medical records for 7 years after last date of service. To request your records, download and complete the Records Release form (PDF 55KB).
Medical Excuse Policy
Student Health Services does not provide medical excuses for missed classes, exams, or assignments since medical conditions are confidential and frequently not verifiable. This policy is based on our limited resources, which are better dedicated to providing health care; the inability for us to make valid determinations about illnesses or injuries students may have effectively managed through self-care; and our commitment to student privacy. We suggest that students dialogue with faculty members regarding their circumstances for missed classes or assignments.
This policy is consistent with the recommendations of the American College Health Association and is similar to other colleges and universities. It is respectful of students and their responsibilities, promotes trust among students and faculty and allows students more time to devote to their studies.