Appeals must be submitted in writing and received by 5 PM on Friday of 3rd Week Fall Quarter to email@example.com or Student Health Center, 1200 Academy St, Kalamazoo, MI 49006.
No appeals will be considered based on the following:
- Missed deadline—The College communicates the Student Health Insurance Policy as follows:
- May—student announcement (all students received via email), calendar event, email announcement from health insurance company (only for returning students with email on file), poster placed in main entrance in Hicks, information on TVs in Hicks
- June—student announcement (all students received via email), calendar event, registration alert place on account
- July—two targeted emails to students who have not waived or enrolled in the Student Health Insurance, email from insurance company to “alternative email address on file” (generally parent of returning students)
- August—targeted email to students who have not waived the student Health Insurance, charge for health insurance placed on student account with instructions of how to have it removed, additional targeted email to students who have not waived stating that they are now enrolled in the insurance
- September–information at orientation table, invitation to health insurance benefits fair, targeted email with waiver deadline stressed
- If the college health insurance has been used for any service
- Insurance coverage does not meet the minimum criteria established by the College as described on the Student Health Center website.
- International student status
- Appeals received after 5 PM on Friday of 3rd Week Fall Quarter
The Appeal Board determines whether an appeal meets the conditions for appeal set forth above. If the conditions are met, the Appeal Board will entertain the appeal. If the conditions are not met, the Appeal Board will not address the appeal. The Appeal Board’s decision is final and binding upon all involved in the matter.
Sarah Westfall, James Prince, Margaret Wiedenhoeft, Patrick Farmer, Lisa Ailstock, and Jennifer Combes