Emergency and After Hours Information
- For life-threatening emergencies, call 911
- For the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline, call 988
- For urgent issues, call Campus Safety at 269.337.7321
- If you need to speak to a resident doctor on call at the Family Practice Clinic at WMed 24 hours a day, you can call 269.337.6500. Be sure to identify yourself as a Kalamazoo College student.
- For mental-health resources, contact the Counseling Center 269.337.7190
- For domestic or sexual violence help, contact YWCA Domestic Assault/Sexual Assault Program 24 Hour Crisis Line 269.385.3587 or Bronson Sexual Assault Services 24 Hour Crisis Line 888.383.2192
- 211 Gryphon Place– Connection to local resources/Crisis Line-Dial 2-1-1 (cell line 269.381.4357) 24 hours a day 7 days a week to help you find answers, whether it’s assistance with food or in paying heating bills, mediating conflicts, fighting drug addictions, or any number of issues that so many in our community face
Medical Care After Student Health Center Hours
- WMED Family Medicine: 269.585.0200 or 269.337.6500
- Sindecuse Health Center WMU: 269.387.3287
- Bronson Fast Care (multiple locations)
- Westside Urgent Care Center: 269.353.5368
- Hometown Urgent Care: 269.903.2835
- Bronson Hospital Trauma and Emergency Services
- Ascension (formerly Borgess) Hospital Emergency and Trauma Center
- Not sure where to go: check the chart at Need Care Now
- Cope Network is supplying Narcan kits to anyone in need.
- Medical Transport (Non Emergency)–5-Star Medical Transportation 269-903-2509
- Planned Parenthood – sliding fee scale for long acting contraception (LARC), annual exams/pap smears, birth control, and STI testing, PrEP, gender affirming care, abortion services
- YWCA – Reproductive Health Fund–gender affirming care, abortion services
- CARES – free HIV testing and counseling, PrEP free or sliding fee scale
- Personal Health Division from the Kalamazoo County Health and Community Services – free HIV testing, sliding fee scale for STI testing and STD Toolkit.
- 211 Gryphon Place– Connection to local resources/Crisis Line-Dial 2-1-1 (cell line 269.381.4357) 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Loaves & Fishes Mobile Food Initiative
General Resources List
- Resources for Black Students
- JED Foundation – Protecting Emotional Health. Preventing Suicide
- Sexual Misconduct Resource Guide at Kalamazoo College
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC’s) STDs Fact Sheets
- Birth Control Options – Visit the Bedsider website for tips, testimonials, and more.
- Abortion Finder by state
- UptoDate – general health information
- Go Ask Alice – Columbia University interactive health questions and question archive
- American Dental Association
- College Parents Matter – Tools for improved communication between parent and college student.
- American Lung Association – To help quit smoking
- MedlinePlus will direct you to information to help answer health questions.
- National Institutes of Health
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Men’s Health Network
- College Students Living with a Chronic Condition on the Center for Online Education website.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention Vaccine & Immunization information
- American College Health Association Guidelines and Recommendations
- Tune in to College Health – the American College Health Association YouTube Channel
The links provided on this site are for educational or informational purposes only. The goal is not to provide medical advice or to replace the assistance of a trained health-care professional. Please convey issues, questions or medical concerns to your health-care provider.