The following are due by August 1. For the safety of your campus community, all students are required to have up-to-date immunizations before arriving on campus. Failure to complete the Entrance Medical Forms, including required vaccines, will result in an inability to participate in athletics (tryouts, practice, play), LandSea, move into residence halls, and begin fall classes.
If you are participating in LandSea or athletics, your forms may be due SOONER than August 1.
You can check the status of your paperwork on your application status page.
ENTRANCE MEDICAL FORMS – Due August 1st
1: Student Medical History and TB Screening with Additional Questions
Complete in MyChart. You will receive further information to sign up for your MyChart account in your K email by JULY. Information is confidential and may only be used as an aid in providing necessary healthcare and accessing medical risk. Kalamazoo College Student Health Center is affiliated with Bronson Hospital for the use of Epic electronic medical record system.
Additional Medical History Notes
- If you have trouble logging into MyChart or answering the health questions, please email the Student Health Center at email@example.com.
- If you do not have a social security number, use 9999 when asked for the last four digits of your social security number.
- This form is submitted online and you do NOT need to print it. However, if you are under 18, we do need both the student and the parent to submit a hard copy Consent for Treatment.
2: Immunization History
- Request an up-to-date copy of your immunizations from your healthcare provider and upload it to your Status Page before August 1st. A list of required immunizations can be found on the New Student Immunization History page.
- Your status page will reflect when this information has been received . It will display “Immunization Records Submitted.” Please allow at least 14 days for your records to be reviewed. Please note, we will only email you at your K account if your records are not compliant. Upon review, if your Immunizations are complete, your status will state “Immunization Records Approved.”
Additional Immunization History Notes
- Please note that we review every student’s information and this takes time. Calling and emailing several different offices will only increase the time it takes to answer questions.
- For Immunization History questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the Vaccine Information Statements page from the Immunization Action Coalition for vaccine information in many languages.
- You may request a vaccine waiver form from the Student Health Center via email email@example.com. Please review the Kalamazoo College Immunization Policy. Vaccine waivers are due August 1 and no waiver will be considered after this date.
In an effort to ensure all students have access to healthcare, Kalamazoo College requires students to carry adequate health insurance. To comply with Kalamazoo College’s Health Insurance Policy, ALL STUDENTS must accept or decline the College health insurance plan by August 1 of EACH ACADEMIC YEAR to avoid charges on the College bill. If the College health insurance is waived by September 30, it will be removed from the bill. If it is NOT waived by September 30, you will automatically be enrolled in and billed for the student insurance plan for the entire policy year.
- The first time you visit the website, you will need to “create a new account” using your student ID (seven numerical digits beginning with 0) and your date of birth. You will be instructed to create an account which you will use to login for enrollment/waivers each academic year.
- If you have trouble logging in to the website, please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.877.657.5030.
- If you have general questions about health insurance after reading through the details explained on the Health Insurance page please contact the Student Health Center at email@example.com.
May be required:
1: Physical Exam–A physical examination is not required for entrance to the College, but is required for participation in LandSea and athletic programs. Please contact those offices for more information.
2: Consent for Treatment (Minors)–If you are under 18 on August 1, you and your guardian must also download and complete the Consent for Treatment form (PDF 52 KB). Submit by upload to your Status Page.