Where can I get tested for COVID-19?
The Student Health Center will provide nasal swab PCR diagnostic tests (billed to your health insurance) and rapid tests (billed to your student account) for COVID-19 to students who are ill and/or are concerned they have been exposed. Please log in to your MyChart or call 269.337.7200 to schedule.
Any student who tests positive for COVID 19 outside of the Student Health Center is asked to share test results with the SHC. This can be done through the student’s MyChart account or by messaging email@example.com. This ensures that students receive ongoing support and information. Faculty and staff who test positive are encouraged to share that information with Human Resources. Please note that neither the Student Health Center nor HR will publicly disclose names or any personally identifiable information about individuals who report.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19? If you are concerned about COVID-19, you can access COVID screening questions in your MyChart.
- MyChart Website: Under QUICK LINKS-COVID-19 Symptom Checker
- MyChart App: Under Symptom Checker
Where can I find information about Isolation and other COVID protocols? Visit the Health Protocols
What if I get sick after the Student Health Center is closed?
- For life-threatening emergencies, call 911
- If you need to speak to a resident doctor on call at the Family Practice Clinic at WMed for non-emergency medical advice after hours, you can call 269.585.0200. Be sure to identify yourself as a Family Medicine patient and a Kalamazoo College student.
- Visit our Resources page for other local providers