Who needs to quarantine?
People who have been in close contact with someone who has a positive COVID-19 test.
Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.
Quarantine helps prevent spread of disease before a person knows they are sick OR if they are infected with the virus without feeling symptoms. People in quarantine should stay home, separate themselves from others, monitor their health, and follow directions from the Student Health Center and their state or local health department.
What counts as close contact?
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care to someone who is ill with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with a person known to have COVID-19 (including but not limited to hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils with a person known to have COVID-19
- A person known to have COVID-19 sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
What to do:
Stay home and monitor your health
- Stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who is known to be positive for COVID-19.
- Watch for fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. Please call the Student Health Center at 269-337-7200 or go to the ER if you develop symptoms.
- You should remain in your room. Please do not go out, do not go for walks, and do not have visitors.
- If you are on campus:
- Food delivery will be provided by Dining Services to on campus locations only.
- Cleaning supplies will be in your isolation location for you to use. Contact Facilities Management for refills on supplies if needed.
- If you are off campus:
- Stay in a separate room from other household members and use a separate bathroom if possible.
- Avoid contact with other members of the household and pets.
- Don’t share personal household items, like cups, towels, and utensils.
- Plan for someone else to grocery shop and run errands for you.
When to start and end quarantine
You should stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19 as long as you are symptom free.